Show your Mum some love with this Rose Shaped Salmon Blini Recipe. This dish is perfect for Mother's Day brunch, and will wow your guests with its elegant presentation. A simple, yet beautiful little treat you can make... So roll up your sleeves and get cooking - Mom will be sure to love it!🥰
200g Smoked trout or salmon
1 bunch Dill
1 bunch Chives
Blinis (Egg & DF)
4g baking powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix till no flour is present (it’s fine if there are clumps, these will disappear as it proofs) cover and let it sit for 30-45min until it’s bubbly and batter like
2. Warm up your pan for a few minutes so it’s evenly heated then keep on a medium-low flame, drop small dollops of batter into the pan to make your small pikelets.
3. Flip when a lot of bubbles start to pop (like when you make pancakes)
4. Set the pikelets aside to cool and cover once they are no longer hot.
Cream cheese spread:
Brunoise or finely dice your eschallot then set aside
Cream your cream cheese till it’s smooth add your sour cream, eschalot & chives, then mix till combined.
1. Spread some of the cheese spread over the pikelet, then roll a piece of smoked salmon up while twisting it to creat a rough rose look and place ontop of the pikelet.
2. Garnish with dill or chopped chives and enjoy
You can use a piping bag if you want more perfect rounds
Try jazzing it up with some caviar if you want it a lil fancy
This Eden Valley Riesling displays citrus fruits which offers a natural acidity that perfectly counteracts the slight oiliness and fattiness of smoked salmon.
Meet the Chef!
Meet our beautiful chef, Amy Edstein! Amy is the recipe and content creator from Feeding the Edstein's. Amy is a Sydney-based mum who loves to cook what she craves and share her love for food. You’ll find her sharing her daily cooking adventures on social media, with plenty of tips and tricks along the way to get you inspired. If she’s not cooking up a 3-course meal that’ll make your mouth water, you’ll definitely find her dining out at the best local food spots. Be sure to check out her stories and give her follow on Instagram @feedingtheedsteins. Don’t be afraid to drop her a DM or just say hi.