Millon Wines respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Millon Wines commits to the following principles and practices:
- Strive to better understand both the direct and indirect impact that our practices may have on the environment.
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Complying with relevant Australian Commonwealth, State and Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Work towards the conservation and reduction the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper, and energy.
- Disposing of waste thoughtfully, and following the waste hierarchy of ‘Avoid, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’. Including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel.
- Lessen our environmental impact by purchasing environmentally friendly products and services. Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, contractors, and other stakeholders, as well as making this policy available to the general public.
- Promote environmental awareness throughout all operations of the company.
- Foster a sustainably aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood.
- Strive to raise awareness in the community, encourage participation and train employees in environmental and social matters.
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
- Consider and support sustainability initiatives with a strong business case.
- Integrate sustainability into our existing business models, accounting, and reporting.
- Add value to our products and services to support sustainability markets.
- Reduce operating costs through improved resource management e.g., water, waste, energy, carbon, employee engagement.
- Manage risk of operational disruptions e.g., resource scarcity, climate change impact, or community risks.
- Reduce reputation risks and communicate actions.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Millon Wines Pty Ltd, ABN: 66 604 622 942
Last update: 13/09/2021